Come Grow With Us
Since its beginnings in 1937, R.H. Sheppard Co., Inc. has grown to be one of the largest employers in South Central Pennsylvania. Today, the company operates 400,000 square foot manufacturing facilities and two state‐of‐the art foundries in Hanover, Pennsylvania, and an additional 69,000 square foot manufacturing facility in Wytheville, Virginia. While our number of employees, facilities and processing equipment has grown over the years, our basic philosophy has remained the same. Our employees are committed to providing our customers with the best possible product in design, quality, cost and service.
In September 2017, WABCO acquired R.H. Sheppard Co., Inc. and has immediately grown and improved our business. WABCO is the number 1 global supplier of technologies and services that improve safety, efficiency and connectivity of commercial vehicles. From concepts to finished products and beyond, we have been developing innovative systems to make vehicles safer and easier to control since 1869. Today, with an unbeatable list of industry firsts behind us, WABCO continues to pioneer breakthrough innovations for advanced driver assistance, breaking, stability control, suspension, transmission automation and aerodynamics for the world's commercial truck, bus, trailer, car and off-highway manufacturers. Our success led to sales of $3.3 billion in 2017. Employing the best - Worldwide. With 15,000 employees - including 2,600 engineers - in 40 countries, WABCO has evolved a uniquely innovative and diverse culture. By leveraging local talent and knowledge and by creating a global environment of collaboration, we meet customer needs worldwide.
The Project Buyer will have business acumen, ability to forecast metallic commodities and develop a North American casting supply base. This individual will report directly to the Sourcing & Purchasing Leader for North America and have primary responsibility as a senior buyer for the metallic commodity for components and raw materials that are used in steering and compressors assemblies.
Responsibilities captioned below are considered essential job functions.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop a North American strategy for casting componenets
- Provide direction and guidance to other buyers
- Reduce direct material cost
- Right size and develop best cost country supply base
- Work with suppliers and Supplier Quality to achieve zero defects
- Bring new technology to the organization
- Support supplier capacity and delivery escalation process
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering or business related field; an advanced degree, such as MBA, is preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of total experience and specific experience purchasing components in manufacturing industry
- Knowledge of metals, raw steel and foundry operations
- Technical background and experience in understanding the business from order to cash
- Written and oral communication skills
- Contract and pricing negotiations
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Computer skills including: SAP/ERP, Google platforms, Word Excel and PowerPoint
- High level of motivation and ability to manage several tasks at once
- Working in a matrix environment is a plus
- This position requires approx. 25% travel
Medical Insurance with Flexible Spending Account
Free Medical Clinic for Employees and Dependents
Dental & Vision Insurance
Life, STD & LTD
Life Assistance Program
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
If you want to view the EEO is the Law poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Arabic - Chinese
If you want to view the EEO is the Law Supplement poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Chinese
If you want to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement, please click the link: English