Robinson Construction is a Design-Build General Contractor specializing in the completion of process-intense manufacturing facilities throughout the United States. Our clients include heavy industrial, manufacturing; food grade processing plants, chemical and processing; power and renewable energy; healthcare facilities, and mining industries, as well as federal, state, and municipal agencies.
We have an immediate need for Carpenters!
- Reads blueprints, drawings and sketches to fully grasp requirements.
- Coordinates with job site Superintendent/Foreman to configure construction lay out.
- Assembles and secures forms, wood structures, sheet metal, and other various materials.
- Installs form work, place steel reinforcement, install concrete, and finish as needed for concrete construction.
- Takes measurements and calculate the size and amount of material needed.
- Cuts, shapes and smooths lumber and other material (e.g. fiberglass) according to needed measurements.
- Builds window frames, doors, staircases and frame buildings by using raw materials or pre-constructed items.
- Lay out floorings, roofing or drywalls ensuring they are leveled and compatible.
- Assembles furniture, cabinets, shelves and other items and install them where designated.
- Inspects places and conduct repairs or maintenance as needed.
- Builds scaffolding and other construction structures.
- Cuts or bores holes in structures, such as bulkheads, decks, walls, or mains, using hand or power tools.
- Assists other craft workers as needed or assigned.
- Inspects work sites for obstructions or holes that could cause structural weakness.
- Checks work and repairs or corrects any faults.
- Takes personal responsibility for fostering a safe workplace by following safety policies and procedures.
- May train or supervise others in job duties.
- May perform a variety of duties including those of other positions.
- Industrial machine licenses (such as a forklift license) preferred.
- Current OSHA 10 or MSHA Certification preferred.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- Successful completion of a carpentry apprenticeship program preferred.
- Three or more years proven construction carpentry experience required.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of carpentry techniques and methods of installation and construction.
- Knowledge of basic mathematics and its applications.
- Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction or repair of buildings, or other industrial structures.
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Skill in the standard use of tools and equipment of the profession.
- Ability to work successfully as a team and independently with moderate supervision.
- Ability to understand and follow directions.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form.
- Ability to visualize a layout by looking at plans and prints.
- Coordinate eye-hand movements with control and precision.
- Use hands and fingers fully; reach for, manipulate and feel objects; stoop, kneel, crouch, and/or crawl.
- Climb and maintain body balance on ladders, scaffolding, or high structures; and see and hear well (either naturally or with correction).
- Lift and carry objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Stoop, lay, bend or squat for long periods of time.
- May be exposed to fumes, dust or other airborne particles.
- May be exposed to loud noises.
- Position regularly works near moving mechanical parts and vibrating machinery.
- May be exposed to extreme outside conditions that include inclement weather, heat and humidity, and exposure to dust and asphalt.
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION:
- Travel will be required.
- Overtime will be required.
- Shiftwork may be required.
- Holiday and weekend work may be required.
Must possess and bring the following hand tools to each job site:
Tool Belt, Hammer, Tape Measure (30-35"), Chalk Line, Carpenter’s Pencil, Utility Knife, Tin Snips, Nail Puller, Speed Square, Framing Square, Levels/Plumb Bob and Wood Chisel.
Robinson Construction is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We will provide equal opportunity to all applicants and prohibit any discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or veteran status. Applicants are treated on the basis of their job-related qualifications, ability and performance.
If you want to view the EEO is the Law poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Arabic - Chinese
If you want to view the EEO is the Law Supplement poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Chinese
If you want to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement, please click the link: English